Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Anello (Ring)



The most exciting and significant thing that happened in the last several months is that Matteo and I are now engaged! On October 24th, Matteo gave me the most beautiful ring, and since then we have been making plans to be married this summer. It will take place here in Rome, so I am learning all about how to plan a wedding in Italy.
The ceremony will be held in Chiesa San Saba, here in Rome, which was originaly built in 645.

10 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Heather your ring is perfect!

The Speck family said...

Congratulations, Heather!!! I am so happy for you.....you are gorgeous and ridiculously talented, thus he is one blessed man to have you! BTW~ your English classroom is the cutest thing I have ever seen in all my life. Hugs to you, Kelly S.

Amy said...

Heater, Gorgeous, gorgeous ring! Way to go Matteo! I'm so excited for you and I've been thinking about you so much. Hope wedding plans are going well, can't wait to hear all about it. You might want to think about a big plate of potato surprise for the reception...it's just a thought. :) I love you lots, narc

Amy said...

Okay, I just looked at the pics of the Treehouse. Oh.my.goodness. You are awesome! That looks like the most fun place ever and of course it is because you are teacher Feather! I love it and I'm SO proud of you and all you are doing for your sweet kids. Keep up the good work, love you!

Shanta said...

Belissimo! Coolest wedding venue contest winner: HEATHER

Congratulations!!!Tell Matteo he's a verrryy lucky guy!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, I had not heard! Congrats! Beautiful ring! I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm just now commenting, I just checked and realized you updated like two months ago! Sorry :) I love the Treehouse--so much work went into that and it looks awesome! Great job you two. And then of course the ring, just the love the two of you so much! God bless you as you continue to make plans and start this next adventure together! Love you and miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

How are you my dear Heather? I think about you often!
Christiana

Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS LAQUESHA!!!!
I didn't know you were engaged though I assumed it would come soon! I'm so so soooooooo very happy for you and Matteo! You are two FANTASTIC people and I know you are going to have a fabulous and adventureous life together! Wish I could clone myself to be a teacher at your English school...SO amazing you have accomplished so very much, I am (still)proud to be your friend!!!

Lea Ellen said...

Late on getting the news, but I am SOOOO happy for you Heater! What a wonderfully blessed man Matteo is...I'm sure he knows it! I pray that the 2 of you have an amazing wedding. Your ring is georgeous & so are you! Miss you tons! LOVE, Lea Ellen