Sunday, December 28, 2008

Treehouse English Club - Rome, Italy


In the middle of September, Matteo and I opened an After School English Club in the center of Rome. Since I had had such great success with my private lessons last year (after school) we decided to try to teach English on a larger scale. SO, we researched business documents, searched for 4 moths for property, found and rented the perfect property,

wrote a curriculum, painted the walls & chairs,


planted flowers, bought 4 bags full of supplies while we were in Texas,

and made 200 trips to IKEA
(which I lovingly call, my European WalMart).

We teach children ages 2-13 years old, every day after school. They come once a week for 2 hours for hands-on English lessons. I am of course teaching every afternoon, but we have also hired 2 other teachers. In total we have 33 students, so we feel so fortunate that our first year in business is already a success! We love what we are doing and pray that it continues to go well. If it does, any of you are welcome to come and be guest teachers in the future!

2 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Heather your clubhouse is sooooo cute! Everything look so wonderful and colorful...I can't wait to see it in person...those hooks in the hall are sooo cute!

camilleacosta said...

Ditto! You guys put a lot of hard work into the school. I can tell. It looks awesome!