Again this Settimana Bianca (Italian White Week) we went skiing, but this time in France. Matteo and I drove with his parents from Rome to Avoriaz, France (about 9 hours), which I have actually been to before when I was living in Geneva. It is only 1 hour from Geneva and we were even able to ski from France into Switzerland because we were so close to the border. This year I turned out to be a much better skier, with a much lower % of crashes into trees, children, smelly French men, etc.
Me, Vittoria, & Adriano with the famous Dente du Midi mountains in the background.
I'm such a good skiier now, that I can even ski up hill.
Eating Racclette (that big, round block of cheese that slowly melts onto bread and potatoes) one evening in a local restaurant
Sunset on the last run of the day
On the last night in Avoriaz, we went out to eat and had cheese Fondu.
I'm trying not to look too exhausted :)
3 comments:
Heather,
It looks so GORGEOUS there. I am so impressed with your uphill skiing abilities!!!!
On a more serious note, are things in Rome okay after the big earthquake? I am praying for everyone in L'Aquila. I assume Rome felt it too, being only 70 miles away from what I understand. I am thinking of you and missing you, and hoping everyone is okay.
WOW, WOW, WOW is all I can say. We are all living vicariously through you! It looks like so much fun! We might pop back out there one day soon to hang out.
Ok so first off I am so envious you married an Italian man, girl you are living it up! Second you look more beautiful that I have ever seen!!! I am SO happy for y'all, I will definitely keep it touch. Blessings from Texas!
Post a Comment