Luckily, since I work at an International School, we get a Thanksgiving Holiday here too! Of course, we Americans that live here are the only ones in Italy trying to celebrate this day. (It proves to be difficult without cranberries, sweet potatoes, or pecans.) At times it seems not worth it to even try without these essential ingredients, so this year we settled for turkey legs, pumpkin risotto, and mixed greens. Maybe I'll make Momma's pumpkin cake tomorrow... I still have 1/4 a zucca (pumpkin) that we got from the fresh market on Thanksgivng day morning.As you can see from the picture, Matteo made a beautiful fire for our small turkey celebration, which kept us warm during our 40-something degree day.
Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful, and you ate lots and lots of cranberries, sweet potatoes and pecans. Never, never take them for granted!
1 comment:
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It sounds like you had a good Italian/American Thanksgiving Meal! Love you friend and so thankful for you!
Post a Comment